Our client is expanding into Dunedin and is seeking experienced staff for their brand new Dunedin premise.
This role is a full time permanent position, Monday to Friday - so great work life balance!
They are a well-established Freight Forwarder of 24 years, operating their own Approved Transitional Facilities, Warehouse, and Storage & Distribution services in both Christchurch and Auckland.
We are seeking experienced Forklift Operators with an F endorsement & a valid OSH certificate (Class 2 Licence would be an advantage). The role requires high levels of competence respectively in both packing and unpacking containers, as well as the ability to move general cargoes around the warehouse facility.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Forklift operation & experience handling bulk cargo
- General warehouse operations/logistics knowledge
- Basic/intermediate computer skills (for processing paper work, data entry & emails)
- Excel and WMS software skills/experience
- Pick handling experience
- Customer service skills
- Leadership skills
Must be a reliable and flexible team player that can build a strong understanding of our customers requirements supported by a positive work ethic.
Minimum Skills required:
- Full Class 1 Drivers licence (Class 2 licence ideal)
- Valid OSH certificate & F Endorsement
- Computer skills (specically experience with WMS software)
- Good customer interaction skills
- A strong knowledge of workplace health and safety standards
Other Advantageous Skills
- MPI, H&S and other Workplace / Industry accreditations are desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunty to join the team of a growing business!
If this sounds like you we'd like to hear from you!
Call Megan at Select Recruitment, Dunedin on (03) 477 0873 for more information, or apply by clicking the "APPLY" button, and completing the entry fields.
Please Note: To be successful, you must be a New Zealand Permanent Resident and currently reside in NZ. As per our standard recruitment process, all applicants will undergo Pre-employment Reference Checks, Drug and Alcohol screening, along with a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check to determine employment suitability.
Vacancy ID: 20024528807133Apply Now